Monday, July 6, 2009

My New Favorite Cooking Website

I know, I know. Don't you hate it when someone starts a REALLY cool blog and then you notice there are less and less posts until finally the last one is older than the moldy cheese in your fridge? Yeah, me too. I am rededicating myself to posting more often. Some might say (and have said) I am crazy for trying to blog while caring for a little one, but mostly I have just been lazy. Lazy in the blogging department, not in the cooking department. Which is why I will be posting a few recipes today, as well as my thoughts on a fun cooking website Brooke sent to me...check it out:

Tastespotting
http://www.tastespotting.com/browse/4

Now, I will admit, I have not attempted any of the recipes on this site YET, but I promise to try a few in the coming weeks and post about them. However, I will say the close ups of the food are enough to make a girl drool ever so slightly on her Mac. If only I had found this site before the 4th (Check out her holiday recipes to see what you could have been making)! What I also like about this site is how creative some of the recipes are. For example: Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes, Jalapeno Potato Salad, and Cherry Limeade Cupcakes all caught my eye. Getting hungry yet?

Later today, I will post two cobblers (actually, one cobbler, one crisp...but who cares, they're both awesome!). I will also be posting a recently requested recipe for Smoked Salmon Spread. Get ready, set, I'm back!

3 comments:

  1. You go girl! I'll be checking in with your blog throughout the week. BTW, thanks for the smoked salmon recipe. I've got some thawing in my fridge right now, and I can't wait to make some of this delicious spread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh, that was from stacie, not jesse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yeah, I thought "you go, girl" was a little out of character for Jesse.

    ReplyDelete