Thursday, February 11, 2010

Simple, Tasty Collard Greens

I am a big fan of collard greens. They go great as a side dish and, besides the bacon fat, they are actually one Southern food that is good for you. So, when I saw that my friend Troy had whipped some up dinner, I had to get the recipe. I think the sliced almonds kick this dish up a notch.

Troy's Collard Greens
One bag collard greens
1-2 T bacon fat
salt & pepper to taste
1/3 cup sliced almonds

Directions:
Destem the collards and chop them into bite-sized pieces. Blanch them in a stock pot (should only take 2-3 mins). Drain the water and return collards to the hot pan. Add bacon fat and stir until bacon fat melts. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve garnished with sliced almonds and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!! I never knew how to cook them, but always loved them!

    ReplyDelete