Thursday, April 16, 2009

Herb Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops

Maybe it's just me, but I have always had trouble figuring out what to do with pork chops. They seem like a great weeknight meal, but they always come out sort of bland or too tough. These pork chops are neither. Before you follow this recipe, be sure to pick good chops. The ones I chose were bone-in and not too thick (oh yeah, and they were from Whole Foods, which I believe has the best meat...I think because all the animals are petted and loved before they meet their fate...anyways, I digress). Also, my husband (the griller) has a famous saying when it comes to grilling meat: Low and Slow. If you can't figure out what this means, keep the burners on low and cook it slow.

Herb Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops

1 1/2 t dried thyme
1 1/2 t dried rosemary
1 1/2 t cracked black pepper
2 bay leaves, crumbled
1/2 t cloves
1/2 t salt
4 pork chops (bone-in, thin)

Mix spices and salt in a small bowl. Pat pork chops dry and rub each side with spice rub. Heat grill to med-low (325 degrees). Cook chops 5 minutes on one side, being sure not to move chops around on grill. Flip over and cook about 3-4 minutes on the other side, depending on the thickness of the chops. Be sure not to overcook.

What I served them with: sliced tomatoes with basil and olive oil, polenta, and rosemary sourdough bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment